Tried a new meatloaf recipe tonight… It was reeheeheeallly good, if I do say so myself… recipe is below if you would like to try it…
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 medium sized dill pickles, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, pickles, salt and pepper, and mix well. Pat out meat mixture into a 14×18 inch rectangle on a piece of wax paper. Spread cheese over the meat, leaving a 3/4 inch border around the edges. Roll up jelly roll fashion to enclose the filling and form a pinwheel loaf. Press beef in on both ends to enclose the cheese. Place in a 10×15 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).