Barbecue Beef Casserole I tried for dinner tonight… Was quite tasty, but think I will add some beans next time I make it…
Thought I would share the recipe if anyone might want to try it
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1 (8.5 ounce) packages corn bread mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned, drain excess grease. Add the onion, bell pepper, corn, stir in the barbecue sauce and tomatoes. Cook and stir until vegetables are just getting tender. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese. Spread the beef mixture in an even layer in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Prepare the cornbread batter mix according to package directions. Spread the batter over the top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown, and a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread layer comes out clean.